Cleaning your Camp Chef grill is a process that requires a little labor and can save your grill from rust/corrosion. Although most of the Camp Chef grills are made up of stainless steel, they can still get rusted if not cleaned properly and seasoned properly.
Cleaning your grill after a hearty meal is difficult as everyone is tired after a party or cooking. But this is the most important point where you can choose between the long life of your grill or letting your grill wear out.
If you have decided to clean your and but don’t know How To Clean Camp Chef Griddle then you’re in a perfect place for this question. Here is the simplest and easiest method to clean your griddle.
Cleaning Process – How To Clean Camp Chef Griddle
First of all, there are some tools that you’ll need to clean your griddle. If you have all these tools then you can clean your grill with great ease but if you don’t have all these tools make sure to get these tools to get perfect cleaning. I have covered a detailed topic discussing various reasons to consider Camp Chef Flat Top Grill Review before looking for another grill.
Tools that you’ll be needing while cleaning your grill include some safety equipment and some of the tools that will help you clean your grill. These tools are:
- Heat resistant gloves so that you can avoid direct contact with a grill or the steam will not affect your hands.
- Food Grade Grill scrapper or Chainmail scrubber for scrapping the remains of food.
- Warm soapy water, vinegar solution, or detergent solution for better cleaning of your griddle.
- Paper towels or pieces of clothes for wiping the surface of your pellet grill.
- Vegetable oil(only if you want to season your grill)
Cleaning Your Pellet Smoker
This process is easy and requires a little labor only if you follow the below-mentioned steps. But if you miss any of the steps you may end up cleaning your BBQ grill improperly which will create a fuss for you. So follow these steps carefully:
- Scrape your grill with a food-grade grill scrapper or chainmail scrubber to clean the residue of your cooking while your grill is still hot. Ensure that all the remnants are gone.
- Pour hot soapy water on the surface for further cleaning.
- Again use Scrapper or Chainmail scrubber to scrape your grill.
- Use a paper towel or a piece of cloth to wipe out the remaining water. Make sure your griddle is clean and no residue is left behind.
- Now, again pour some soapy water on the surface of your griddle. It will produce steam that will help you in the cleaning process.
- Wipeout your whole grill with a paper towel or a piece of cloth that is soaked in soapy water to remove the grease or oil from the surface.
- Now, wipe your grill again with a sponge that is soaked in soapy water for better cleaning.
- Use a paper towel to dry your grill and wipe the whole surface thoroughly.
- Now turn off your grill and wait for it to cool down.
- Remove all the pellets from the hopper to clean them and save the pellets for the next cooking.
- Remove the drip tray and dip it in soapy water. Use a sponge to clean the grease from the drip tray.
- Put the drip tray back into its place after making sure that the drip tray is dry.
- Now your grill is clean and ready to start cooking or to be stored after seasoning.
This method is suitable for most grills. You can use this method to clean your cast iron grill, chef flat top grill, big gas grill, or any other grill.
Things To Avoid While Cleaning
Several things should be avoided while cleaning the grill otherwise, you’ll suffer yourself due to carelessness. Avoid the below-mentioned things to clean your pellet smoker safely and perfectly. These things are;
- Avoid touching the surface of your smoker directly when it is hot. Always use heat-resistant gloves while cleaning your grill.
- Don’t scrape your grill too harshly as it will damage the upper protective coating of your smoker and will destroy it.
- Don’t use harsh detergents as they can cause the surface of your grill to wear out over time. This will also make the surface ideal for rust.
- Avoid cleaning your pellet smoker at higher temperatures as it will produce steam which will disturb the cooking process. Cleaning the grill at higher temperatures also increases the risk of burning.
- Don’t scrape the edges of the pan hard as these are the places where the coating can easily be removed by rubbing.
- Clean it properly as if you don’t do so your stainless steel product will still act like a cast iron product which can catch rust easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you clean the griddle?
You should clean it after every cooking if possible. If you use your grill less then you should clean your grill after every 6 months to save it from rust or other factors that can destroy it. A griddle should be deep cleaned after every 6 months irrespective of its usage. Deep cleaning includes cleaning every part of the grill by removing it if it is removable.
What are Camp Chef griddles made of?
Camp Chef griddles are made up of heavy-duty stainless steel that is rust-resistant. Stainless steel is only used in premium grills due to which Camp Chef grill is called a premium grill. This heavy-duty stainless steel provides you with nonstick cooking and can achieve higher temperature ranges with minimum effort.
Can I use other pellets in my Camp Chef?
Yes, you can use different types of pellets in your Camp Chef but these pellet woods should be of food-grade quality. Pellets provide flavor to your food if you don’t use good pellets the taste of your food will be destroyed. So check for flavor and quality of the pellets before using them for cooking otherwise, your food will be wasted.
Cleaning is a must process after every cooking or before storing your grill as it ensures that the taste of your food doesn’t contain the flavor of your last cooking and also ensures that the germs are wiped off the grill. If you still have confusion on How To Clean Camp Chef Griddle read the above method carefully. It will help you in keeping your grill just like new and will make your grill last longer.