Cleaning an electric grill is as easy as cooking on it. But if you don’t know how to clean it properly then it will be too difficult for you.
Cleaning an electric grill involves the risk of electric shock or it may cause a burn if the process is not done adequately. So you need a piece of basic knowledge on How To Clean Electric Grill as it is necessary for cleaning an electric grill safely.
You can clean your product using different methods but here we have provided you with simple methods of cleaning your grill whether it is a deep cleaning or simple cleaning after cooking.
How To Clean Electric Grill: Based on the Grill Type
You can perform different types of cleaning depending upon the type of grill you have in your house. The outdoor electric grill has different methods of cleaning while the indoor has a completely different method of cleaning.
Here we have provided you step by step guide on cleaning an electric grill.
To clean your indoor product you just need to read these simple steps carefully but if you do not read these steps carefully there’s a risk of electric shock and can cause you a burn. These basic steps are:
- First of all, unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Clean the remains of the food from it.
- Bring a wet paper towel and cover your whole grill with it while it is still hot.
- Close the lid and let the steam produce in a closed lid of your electric grill.
- This stem and wet towel will clean the remaining grease and drippings of your food.
- When it is cooled down wipe the grill with some wet cloth or towel to remove the remaining grease or stains.
This was the basic cleaning of the indoor grill and is mostly used after basic cooking but if you are cooking something at a pro-level you’ll also need a pro-level cleaning. Best indoor smokeless grill offers easy cleaning and top material quality.
How To Deep Clean Indoor Electric Grill:
To deep clean your grill you’ll need to do some of the basic steps mentioned below to save your time with perfect cleaning.
This cleaning takes more time than basic cleaning but cleans your grill thoroughly. So follow these steps to get the best results of cleaning:
- Unplugging your product should always be your first step while cleaning the grill.
- Now, wait for the it to cool down so you can start further p[rocess. It’ll only take 15-20 minutes to cool down an electric grill.
- After the grill has cooled down scrape the remains of food with a rubber spatula to avoid scratching the stainless coating on it.
- Now, grab a sponge soaked in soapy water and rub it on the grill for deep cleaning.
- Remove the drip tray and soak it in soapy water for 10-15 minutes to make sure that grease or drippings of the food fall off the tray.
- After soaking rub it with a sponge and put the removable parts of your grill in the dishwasher.
- Before placing all the parts back make sure that they are completely dry as wet parts can increase the risk of electric shock.
These were the steps for deep cleaning the indoor grill. But if you have an outdoor product continue reading the next part for your tips on cleaning an outdoor grill.
How To Clean Outdoor Electric Grill:
Cleaning an outdoor grill is a time-consuming process and requires more labor. But it is still easier than cleaning a charcoal or gas grill.
Steps for cleaning your outdoor electric grill are mostly the same but there lie some differences which are:
- Unplug your grill as you always do before cleaning.
- Wait for the it to cool down as you cannot touch the hot grill which will cause you to burn your hand.
- Now remove it and scrape it with a stainless steel brush to remove the remains of food and grease stains.
- Now rinse this grill with hot soapy water.
- After this remove the cooking grates and remove the pickup liner and use a spatula to clean the remains of food, grease, and drippings of food.
- Now remove the cooking grates and all of the parts that are removable and wash them with hot soapy water.
- Use a sponge and rub all of the parts thoroughly to remove every grease stain and dripping of food.
- Place all the removable parts in the dishwasher to ensure deep cleaning.
- Now take out all the parts from the dishwasher and dry them with a towel or paper.
- Put the parts back when you are sure that they are completely dry.
These were the simple steps for the deep cleaning of your outdoor grill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are electric grills easy to clean?
Electric grills are easy to clean than any other. They come with removable parts so that you can clean them easily and comfortably. They are not only convenient while cooking but they also provide you the convenience of cleaning them easily. You just need hot soapy water for cleaning an electric grill.
How often should you clean an electric grill?
You should clean your grill after every cooking but if you use it once or twice a season it is recommended to clean it after every 6 months. But if you use it daily or weekly we recommend you clean it after every meal to increase its life span and save your next meal from getting the flavor of old cooking. Cleaning any grill after every cooking is always good for a grill.
How do you clean a portable grill?
Portable grills can be cleaned with plenty of water and soap. Rinse it with plenty of hot water. After that, use a sponge soaked in soapy water and rub it on the grill and other parts that are used in cooking. This will clean out all the remains of food, grease, and drippings of the food that you’ve cooked.
Cleaning an electric grill is a process that requires time but when it comes to comparison with gas or charcoal grills, cleaning it looks just like a piece of cake. So after knowing everything about How To Clean Electric Grill, you can clean your grill using different methods according to your ease. Some methods may seem easy for you while others may seem difficult for you.