Clean and hygienic cooking surfaces are a booster to your cooking experience and maintaining good health. Outdoor grilling might prove to be a great stress reliever, as it takes all the hectic moments away.
But, what is the worst part?
You might have experienced the stress that comes with the greasy and oily grill grates. Soon after having a delicious grilled meal, you will have to go through a process of some seriously stubborn cleansing of grill grates. Is there a way out to this problem?
Of course, there is!
You might be wondering that what function does vinegar has, apart from sprinkling it over the salad? Well, there are some other jobs vinegar does.
The ordinary household white vinegar can help to cut grease and making the grill grates smooth and clean as before. As a result, it lessens the burden of never-ending scrubbing.
Let’s move to the further details which will help wash the grill grates with vinegar.
How to clean grill grates with vinegar?
Vinegar is the most frequently used cooking item in your household. Its manufacturing varies with the mixture of items used in its formation. Different fruits, grains, alcoholic beverages, and other fermentable materials are used in this process.
Vinegartends to be more fruitful when it comes to cleansing than any other chore. Hence, you can have a clean grill grate by following a simple procedure. With the usage of simple supplies, available at home, you can clean grill grates with vinegar.
The best part is:
Washing grills with the mixture of vinegar will prove to be a lifesaver from endless scrubbing. Moreover, it will help you clean the grill grates through the simple process.
Furthermore, the presence of a different type of acids in the vinegar will tend to kill all the harmful germs left over.
Steps to be followed while cleaning the grill grate:
It only takes a few easy steps to clean your barbecue grill with vinegar. All you need is a spray bottle, lukewarm water, white table vinegar and a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Pour two cups of vinegar into the spray bottle. And add two cups of water on to it.
- Cover the bottle and mix it strongly to blend the water and vinegar.
- Fold the aluminum foil.
- Spray the vinegar solution on your grill grates.grates. What you need to look for, at first, is to make sure that your grill is off, and that the grates are cool enough to touch safely. Using the spray bottle to apply the vinegar-water mixture to your grill grates will help you keep safe.
- Spray the mixture on the crusty area of the grill. Add more solution to it, to make it lighter and easier for cleaning.
- Then, wait and allow the solution on sprayed grates to fix for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the vinegar solution will eat through the oily and greasy surface of the grill grate. The acid present in it will kill all the harmful germs left behind.
- Hence, leaving your cooking surface cleaner and more hygienic than ever before.
- Spray the vinegar on the aluminum foil and use it to scrub the grill’s interior. You can also use a grill brush for this purpose. But aluminum foil would be a better choice than that.
No need to rinse grill grate at that very moment. Rather scrub it with the aluminum foil completely and thoroughly.
- Now end the cleansing with washing the grill grates under running water. Make sure that all the residues of meat are gone.
These details relate to the grill grate, which is less greasy.
For the type of grill grate that has got some serious, fixed grease and oil patches, you need to do something other than this.
What would be that?
Maybe you can mix the solution in a bucket and then later use it as a whole.
Instead of soaking and rinsing the aluminum foil back and forth, you can use a plastic bag or any other.
All you need to do is pack the grill grate inside it. And leave it untouched overnight. The vinegar solution will thoroughly let itself absorb all the grease and stubborn spots from it
Besides all the detail about how to do so, the cautions need to be considered and even mentioned here.
Let’s have a look at some of the precautionary measures.
To enhance your experience of cleaning a grill grate, you need to be careful about certain things; which might save you from long term problems.
Here come the precautionary measures:
- If you are cleaning a gas grill, then it is advised to remove the grate. So that the burnt chunks of meat and crusty oil and grease won’t enter into the gas burner.
- To avoid any burn, check whether the grill grates are cool or not. If yes, then wait until it cools down. It will cause you more time, but less harm.
- Make sure you have got your gloves on.
- Vinegar can cause some serious kind of eye irritation and skin irritation. So avoid touching your face.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Is it mandatory to remove grill grates, while cleaning?
Yes, it is. When it comes to the gas grill cooking surface, then it must be ensured to avoid any residue entering the burner.
- How can we loosen the cooked grease?
Simply by using a wire grill brush. It will help to remove cooked-on grease smoothly.
- How we can handle the bubbling of vinegar and baking soda?
It can easily be handled by using a much larger dish than you think you need.
Check the best gas grills under $300. This article will have a detailed comparison on the top grills under $300.
Summing things up:
People who believe that vinegar does only the cooking jobs, then they might need to be more informed. This article will enhance your knowledge about the stuff vinegar can handle. Cleaning grills is less of a chore for vinegar. It does not only cleans it but also makes sure that there is no more residue left over there.