Cooking burgers on a pellet grill has always been so easy and gives you the perfect juicy taste in a minimum time. But when you talk about cooking hamburgers on a Camp Chef grill it even makes cooking easier and tastier. So, If you want to know about How To Cook Hamburgers On A Camp Chef Grill and want to achieve the best taste in your burgers read this article completely. We are going to tell you about the recipe, Essential ingredients, Cooking temperature, and even the Cooking time of burgers.
Cooking Burgers – How To Cook Hamburgers On A Camp Chef Pellet Grill
Cooking burgers on your pellet grill is great fun and is most important when you are having a BBQ party in your backyard. You should cook these hamburgers with the best taste to serve your guests the best food.
If you fail to cook the burgers at their best, You may end up serving your guests bad food and they’ll surely blame your cooking skills.
If you don’t have a camp chef grill and want to buy one after reading its reviews check out Camp Chef Flat Top Grill Review.
But no need to worry, here we have provided you with a complete guide to cooking the best tasting smoked hamburgers with every detail. Here are step by step instructions:
You’ll need some of the ingredients while cooking your hamburger patties. These ingredients play an important role in providing your food with a great juicier taste. These ingredients are:
- Meat with a slice of meat to fat ratio of minimum 85/15 but if you can make it 80/20 you’ll be having juicier burgers with great taste.
- Ground chuck is recommended as it is a piece of the shoulder that has almost 15-20% fat and gives your patties great juicier flavor.
- Salt and pepper.
- Wood pellets of your favorite flavor but most of the experts recommend Hickory while cooking hamburgers.
- A Meat probe to monitor the internal temperature of your patties so that you can check the temperature actively.
Preparations Of Cooking Hamburgers
Preparing to set up or your cooking takes a little time but when you have set up completely ready for cooking, you’ll enjoy cooking and end up cooking delicious food. Here is the complete setup procedure which includes setting up your pellet grill and preparing the patties for your hamburgers also:
- Add wood pellets to the pellet hopper.
- Set your grill for preheating at 450℉ for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Close the lid of your grill while preheating to avoid heat loss.
- Prepare ¼ pounds of patties as this weight of the meat is ideal for patties and add salt and pepper according to your taste. You can even use different spices depending on your taste.
- You can also buy patties from the market that are ready to cook.
Cooking Burgers On Pellet Grill
Now starting cooking after the complete setup of your grill and your food is a fun process as it does not require great labor but you can just cook your burgers by placing your patties on it.
This method requires less labor and cooks your food well.
- When your grill has reached a temperature of more than 250℉ place the prepared patties on it.
- Insert a probe deep inside your hamburger patties to monitor the internal temperature.
- Close the lid of your pellet smoker and wait for some time.
- When the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165℉ turn the side of the patties so that the other side of the meat can be cooked.
- One side of the meat will take approximately 7-9 minutes to cook completely at 165℉ internal temperature.
- When your patties are cooked enough, place a slice of cheese and wait for it to get melted as it gives your burgers the best taste.
- After cooking patties, put some oil on your pan and place the bun on it.
- Heat the bun until it turns red.
- Do the above-mentioned step with both of the buns.
- After all these steps put your patty in the centre of the buns and your burger is ready to serve only if you don’t want to stuff it with other edibles.
If you’ve done cooking and looking for a simple method to clean it check out the detailed article on how to clean camp chef griddle.
Things To Avoid While Cooking
There are certain things that you should avoid while cooking to keep the juicy and smoky flavor of your food. If you do these things, your food may lose taste and you may end up cooking less tasty food. To ensure the best cooking taste read these steps carefully:
- Do not squish the patty or bun with a spatula as it may cause the patties to spill out their juices while buns may become flattened.
- Since meat shrinks when you are cooking it, Do not make smaller patties as they would shrink and become much smaller.
- Do not keep lifting the lid of the smoker as it will cause heat loss and you’ll be cooking for a longer time by doing so.
- Avoid turning the sides of your patties unless it is completely cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you grill burgers at 350?
If you’re cooking at a temperature of 350℉, you need to cook the patties until the internal temperature of your meat reached 165℉ which will take 8-10 minutes. So, you can cook your patties at 350℉ for 8-10 minutes and after that, your meat will get burn marks on it and end up burning your food.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you want to cook your burgers tastier and juicier you’ll need to close the lid. Closing the lid not only cooks the food tastier but also ensures even cooking and provides your food with a delicious smoky flavor. Closing the lid can reduce cooking time by trapping the heat inside and raising the temperature.
Should burgers be grilled, covered or uncovered?
You can keep the burgers, steaks, fish, and vegetables uncovered as they require less temperature to cook. But if you are cooking thick steaks or roasting on indirect heating, you need to close the lid so that no heat can leave and the temperature keeps rising. Overall cooking the food covered makes food tastier and juicier.
Cooking hamburgers on a pellet smoker is always a good choice as they can cook your food according to your required flavor. But if you have bought a new pellet grill and don’t Know How To Cook Hamburgers On A Camp Chef Pellet Grill Then it is a simple process as you just need to prepare the patties, put them on the grill and wait for cooking. Cooking at a high temperature takes almost 8-10 minutes.