Everyone loves a good pancake breakfast! Starting your day with the sweet, fluffy goodness of pancakes can be just what you need to get your day started. You’ve probably tried a few different recipes for pancakes- from using Bisques and baking them in the oven, to whipping up buttermilk pancake batter with eggs and milk. There’s no doubt that cooking pancakes on the stove top in a pan will taste better than any other way. But if you don’t own an Blackstone 28 inch electric griddle or don’t feel like heating up your house by turning on the stove at 5 am, then worry not! This article is for how to make perfect pancakes on the Blackstone griddle.
- With this, you’ll know how to make perfect pancakes
- Have fun with the kids in the kitchen by cooking together!
- You don’t need a specialty pan for these delicious pancakes
- Make a variety of pancakes with one recipe, just by adding in your favorite ingredients to the batter such as blueberries, chocolate chips, or banana slices
- Why the Blackstone Griddle is best for pancakes
- Ingredients and Tools To Make Perfect Blackstone Griddle Pancakes
- How to Cook Your Perfect Pancakes on the Blackstone Griddle
- Favorite Toppings
- What Is The Griddle Temperature For Pancakes
- Difference Between Regular Pancake Batter and Blackstone Pancake Batter
Why the Blackstone Griddle is best for pancakes
Making pancakes on the Blackstone griddle is one of those convenience things that will make your life easier. It’s like a cooking miracle- you don’t need to stand over it, use any butter, or worry about flipping them as they cook. This is also a great recipe for kids who love to help in the kitchen and can’t wait to get started on cooking breakfast for their family. With just an hour or so of prep time, you’ll have this pancake batter mixed and ready to go!
A lot of people wonder if they can make pancakes on a griddle- it seems like a strange question, right? Actually, griddles are great for making pancakes. You might be wondering why you should go through the trouble of cooking your pancakes on a griddle instead of just cooking them on a pan like you always do.
High Temperature – Griddles cook at higher temperatures than pans, which means you don’t need to stand over them while they’re cooking. This is great for those early mornings when you’re not quite awake yet!
Cleaning – Griddles are somehow easier to clean up- they just wipe down with a cloth and some soap after all the batter has been used up.
Special Bottom – Griddles have a special material bottom which will evenly distribute the heat from your stove so everything cooks up nice and fluffy.
Easy to Store – Griddles are easier to store than pans because they’re flat and can be stacked on top of each other in the cabinet or put away just about anywhere else.
Ingredients and Tools To Make Perfect Blackstone Griddle Pancakes
You’ll need to make sure you have the following ingredients and tools:
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 9 ounces Greek yogurt or sour cream (about 1 cup)
You’ll also need measuring cups and spoons, a blender or mixer, a whisk or spoon for mixing, and cooking oil. You can use light oil (canola is best) or melted butter to coat the griddle surface.
How to Cook Your Perfect Pancakes on the Blackstone Griddle
- Put the griddle on the stove and preheat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). This is an important step, because the magic happens right here when you get that perfect golden color.
- Place a platter or large cutting board next to your Blackstone Griddle for those delicious hot pancakes. There are some griddles that will use the excess fat from cooking on them, but if not, you can wipe it off with a paper towel and then place your platter right up against the surface of the griddle to soak up any extra grease.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl including the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine them well and get out any clumps of dry ingredients that might be sticking together in the bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the melted butter or oil with the yogurt or sour cream until it’s all nice and combined- you want no lumps of either one in your batter.
- You’re now ready to add the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and after that you’ll whisk until they’re well blended together. Make sure not to over-mix or under-mix this pancake batter! Once it’s thoroughly blended together, cover up the bowl and let it sit on your counter for about an hour while it soaks up all the delicious flavors of the other ingredients.
- While you’re letting your pancakes marinate, set out some non-stick spray for frying them on and get ready to use a ladle or measuring cup to pour those beautiful gold disks onto your hot griddle!
- Slide the pancakes around a bit while they’re cooking, and use your spatula to get underneath them when you flip them over. When they’re done, place them on your platter or cutting board- it’s time to get eating!
You can now put as many pancakes on that lovely plate of yours as you desire. Try adding some butter and maple syrup to go with them!
I love to top my pancakes with whipped cream and a little maple syrup, but there are so many other delicious topping combinations that you can try! Some of my other favorites are whipping some heavy cream and adding chocolate chips for just the right amount of sweetness or sprinkling chopped fresh strawberries or blueberries on top for a burst of flavor and color. You could also try making yourself some breakfast burritos by stirring in some cooked bacon, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, and diced onions. It’s always a good idea to keep experimenting until you find your favorite way to top those perfect pancakes!
What Is The Griddle Temperature For Pancakes
220 degrees Fahrenheit is best for pancakes to provide the typical “golden brown” color and composition. Lower in temperature, pancakes will be light-colored and unevenly cooked. Higher temperatures can result in outside edges of pancake being burned while centers remain raw or undercooked. The answer to Can I Use Cooking Spray on a Blackstone Griddle is yes but it depends on the temperate you want to achieve because using cooking spray will rapidly increase the temperature.
Notes: Some say that griddles need to be cleaned with cooking oil before being used when the previous frying item was eggs as egg yolk will turn into a powerful paint-like substance at high heat levels and bind onto other surfaces it comes into contact with on the pan, making them permanently nonstick after just one use without extensive scrubbing (depending on what you’re trying to loosen), whereas bacon grease would not do this same damage because
Difference Between Regular Pancake Batter and Blackstone Pancake Batter
Regular pancake batter and Blackstone pancake batter are similar in that they both require the same ingredients to make them. The main difference is that regular pancake batter requires a hot pan, whereas Blackstone pancake batter can be used on your stove top griddle. This means that making a perfect batch of pancakes is just a little bit easier with Blackstone pancakes!
In this blog post, we showcased a few key tips for making Perfect Pancakes on the Blackstone Griddle. If you want to make delicious and fluffy pancakes every time, these are good rules of thumb to follow. We hope you enjoyed reading about how to cook pancakes using Blackstone griddle!