You are facing a problem in your grill and you’ve finalized the problem in the auger seems to be not working properly and you’ve decided to change it? Or you are facing the problem that your grill isn’t heating properly and want to check the auger?
No problem. For removing the changing or removing the auger, you must have enough knowledge so that you may not damage other parts that are connected with it such as the motor.
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide, then make sure to read the entire article. In this article, we are going to tell you the exact method of Traeger Auger Removal. This method is not only easy but it is also an official method of removing the ager of the Traeger.
Traeger Auger Removal Method – Step By Step Guide
The simplest and easiest guide on removing it from your grill without damaging any other parts of the grill including the motor or control panel. Make sure to follow every step so that you don’t have to buy any extra part of the grill after damaging it.
Steps Of Removing Auger
- If you want to start the process, unplug your grill so that it is shut off and no electricity is passing through any of its parts.
- Now, unscrew the 2 screws that hold the access panel using a screwdriver and remove the access panel.
- Carefully pull out the wires and remove the zip ties that hold the cables and prevent them from messing up.
- Once you untie the cables that are tied together using zip ties, it becomes easy to remove the control panel.
- For removing the control panel. Unscrew the 4 screws that are present on the 4 sides of the control panel.
- Pull out the control panel carefully and make sure that you don’t pull it out hard as you may damage the wires that are connected to the control panel from behind.
- Unplug all the plastic connectors that are connected to the circuit of the control panel.
- Remove the 4 screws of which 2 are present on the front side of the pellet hopper while the other 2 are present on the backside of the hopper so that you can remove the hopper and remove the housing of it.
- Remove the hopper carefully as it is further connected by wires that may get damaged if you pull out the hopper hardly.
- Now you can see the auger motor clearly, so remove the plastic connector that is attached to it.
- Unscrew the 4 screws present on the side of the motor on 4 edges so that you can remove the motor and get access to the auger.
- Remove the motor and unscrew the screw that is holding a wire under the place where the motor was placed.
- Mow, you can easily remove the auger shaft by sliding it out of the place where it houses.
- Replace it with a new shaft or auger motor. You can clean the inside of the auger by removing the shaft if your motor is working perfectly.
How Can You Replace The Auger
If you want to replace the auger, repeat the above-mentioned steps in the backward direction and screw back all the screws that you opened while doing this process. Check our article on Traeger pro 575 vs ironwood 650 to find which one is a good fit.
But before replacing the auger you need to remove the auger first. You can easily remove the auger by following the above-mentioned method.
Once you open it, it is easier for you to reassemble it using this knowledge.
Reasons For Removing The Auger
There is nothing that happens without certain reasons. So you have to remove the auger for certain reasons which are:
- Auger may not be working properly due to which your grill is not achieving higher temperatures/
- It may have been blocked due to wet pellets.
- The feeding is increased due to some unknown reasons.
- The auger shaft is broken and you have to change it so that you can cook again on your grill.
These are some known reasons for removing the auger. While there are some other reasons due to which removing auger is an important process. Make sure that you follow all of these steps so that you can accurately remove the auger. This method is suitable for most pellet grills that have the same design as Traeger.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you change a Auger motor on a Traeger grill?
Yes, you can change it but for this process, you should acquire the knowledge of the screws and parts that may get damaged if your try to open the auger for changing the motor. Just do as mentioned above to remove the motor and replace it with a new one.
How cold is too cold for a Traeger?
It is not recommended to use a Traeger when the temperature falls below 30℉ as it is out of the temperature bearing limit of not only Traeger but also for most grills. At this temperature, your grill may not heat up properly and it may use more fuel for even smaller cooking.
How long does it take a Traeger to get to 450?
Traeger is a premium grill brand and it reaches higher temperatures in no time. It will only take 20 minutes for Traeger to reach such a high temperature. This temperature is most suitable for quick cooking, this temperature achieving ability in such a short time is only present in some of the premium grills.
Removing the auger for replacing it or for replacing any other part is easier only when you read this article. One should know the basics of electronics and then he/she can open any device easily.
If you have a grill and want to know the process of Traeger Auger Removal then keep in mind, it is only a game of unscrewing and screwing some parts and you’re done removing the auger. But do it carefully and precisely as mentioned in the article to avoid any damage to its parts.